Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Wednesday 20 March 2013

A Big Thank You!

Hi Everyone,
 
I must first say a big THANK YOU to all the wonderful people out there in blogland, for all their lovely messages regarding my operation. You are all so kind and they have certainly lifted my spirit. There were even messages for me on Lili of The Valley's blog!!
 
Just as an update, my friend Sue took me to my doctors surgery, to have the staples out on Monday. I went in to the nurses room and she asked me for the staple removal tool. I told her I had no idea what she was talking about. Apparently the hospital should have given it to me on discharge.
 
I had to go back home and ring the hospital. They apologised and said I had to go straight down there and they would remove them. I was lucky that my friend had free time, as it is a 30 minute drive there.  The senior ward nurse was not happy with the discharge nurse, as I told her about the other missing items. No dressings, no sharps box for the needles from the injections I had to give myself every day. Medication for 2 days only, so I had to get an emergency prescription from my doctor. I should have had enough for a week.
 
Any way, I finally had the 26 staples removed! Boy did that hurt!
 
Another of my friends took me out for the day yesterday. We went to 2 craft shops and in between, we stopped for lunch in a pub, which she treated me to. The sun was shining and was quite pleasant.
 
This Woodware fuchsia stamp was one that I bought while we were out. She loves fuchsias, so I made my first card for 3 weeks for her.
 
 

I used a mixture of pens to colour it with but mainly Copics.


I will have to get my husband to post it, as the nearest letterbox is a bit far for me to walk yet.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks again for your kindness.

Big hugs,

Carol S.xx

2 comments:

Elise said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love how you've coloured this with these beautiful colors!!!

ps .. I'm so sorry that you had to go through everything that you went through "improperly". That's just awful! :( But I hope you're feeling much better and will completely healed up soon.

Big Hugs,
Elise

shampylou30 said...

Wow this is stunning love how you coloured these. Sue xxxx