Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Wednesday 11 December 2019

Special Friend

Wakey, wakey I am back again!!!

I am afraid it was head down and make 42 Christmas cards!!
I had a few already made but not enough.

I did my last Craft Fair on the 3rd of this month and had record
sales this year!! Selling exactly 40 of my fabric Baubles,
certainly gave my sales a boost. 
Two of them are going to Australia, when the guy
who bought them returns to his home near Sydney.

I made this Christmas card for a very special friend and gave 
it to her today. She loved it.

We both love shabby chic and really enjoyed making it.
The photo is not very good, as the weather we were 
having for the last few days, was wet, dark and miserable.


I have had the papers for some time and didn't want
to cut into them! But for her, I got the courage to do so!!

We had a trip to The Norwich and Norfolk Hospital this
morning. So I had to get up at 6.30am to get to her house
by 8am, in time to make her appointment. 
I went with her to see the new consultant, for her ongoing illness.
For the first time we came out with a diagnosis. Yippee!!
It has taken over 2 years and loads of tests, to finally getting
a brilliant consultant, that will give a definite diagnosis to her!!

We left the hospital very happy and now know what they
are going to do, to try to get her back to normal. 

So we went into the city. Had a lovely lunch and did 
a bit of Christmas shopping. 
I bought myself (for hubby to wrap up and give it to me on the day)
a gorgeous Jasper Conran bag. 

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a lovely message, 
that I appreciate and so I can message you on your blog too.

Big hugs,
Carol 
xxxx


11 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,such a lovely design.xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This us so lovely, live the shabby chic. Well done on a record year. I like to make my Xmas cards all year as I love making them

Lynne said...

A gorgeous card Carol, I love making shabby chic too. Congrats on your record sales and pleased your friend has had an answer to her problem. It must be so worrying not knowing what's wrong x

Doris knippenenplakken said...

Wow ...Gorgeous shabby chic card Love all the details.
Hugs Doris

Chrissy said...

It is so good to hear you had good sales Carol, and good news for ou friend, I think this has made me happy today, and I adore your beautiful shabby chic card, the gorgeous soft colours and I love the straws with the flower, so beautiful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carole said...

Wow...busy lady. So glad the sales went well for you this year. I bet your friend loved her special card and will treasure it. Sounds like you had a good and rewarding day too and no doubt you will be so surprised on Christmas day when you get your bag!..lol xx

Sarah said...

What a beautiful card for your friend Carol, fabulous detail. How wonderful that some of your labours of love will be travelling across the globe. Your Husband clearly has a good eye for gifting!! xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, a fabulous shabby chic design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card Carol, love the design with the straws, always looks great. Chrissy emailed me re not receiving your comments, can't work out why, we had this problem before and my settings are the same.xx

Lorraine Radway said...

I can't thank you enough Carol for always supporting me, not everyone would offer to get up so early to attend an appointment! It is greatly appreciated and you are a true friend x the card is gorgeous as always. Our days out together are always fun and a really good tonic whilst I've been unwell. Thank you thank you thank you xxx

Sue - said...

Love your shabby chic card. Somehow I never seem to be able to make them look right. So pleased you have done well at your craft fairs this year. Thank you for all your lovely comments during the last year, I really do appreciate them. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.xx