Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Sunday 27 June 2021

Friends Pressie!!

Morning all, as promised this was my friends pressie!
It's for her 70th Birthday, which was yesterday.
She has had this dog for a while now but I haven't 
seen him yet.

I made this little dog from a photo of him.
It took me quite a long time, as I had to first make the curly
wool, from my Needle Felting stash.

I had to pull small amounts of the special wool, from my
stash. Then wrap it around a kebab stick, spray it with water
and put it in the airing cupboard to dry!! 
I have no idea how many I had to do for each colour!!

While they were drying, I made the body shape, head, 
arms, legs and tail from 'Core wool'. 


When the wool was taken off the sticks, I had to cut them
into 2cm pieces and then with my needles, stab them onto
the body, legs etc one piece at a time!!


As you can see from the back of his body, they had to be 
very close to each one. 
The most important for me to do, was to have the right 
shades of the colours, in the pattern on his body.


Side view of his head and legs. He does have back legs
but he is sitting on them!!

His collar I made with some beads, findings and wire 
from my jewellery stash. 
Yes I used to make earings, necklaces and other bits!!


I phoned my friend and she was thrilled with him and couldn't 
get over his face, as it was exactly as he looks!! 
Also the patterns on his body.

She showed him to her daughter and she was shouting 
in the background,
please could I make her one!!! She loved him too!!

So I will not do it straight away, but may start it 
sometime next month!!

Just got a few cards for  the second Care Home I supply
with cards for them. 
Then I might do a page for my Family Scrapbook.

Thank you for all your lovely messages on my last post.
They are always read and appreciated .

Stay safe.
Big hugs,
Carol 
XXXX



 

13 comments:

Sarah said...

I am blown away by this Carol, the attention to detail is amazing and you have obviously put a great deal of love into this little fella. You have mastered needle felting brilliantly!! xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Carole
Looks like all the hard work you put in …paid off …it’s gorgeous ….
Bet she loved it
Hugs Sylvie xx
Very hot here in Gib ….

aussie aNNie said...

ADORABLE WHAT A GREAT GIFT TO GIVE. XX

Lynne said...

This is brilliant Carol, so cute. His curly hair looks great and you've certainly put a lot of work into it x

cotnob said...

Your little dog is absolutely fabulous Carol, such a wonderful gift for your friend and such a lot of hard work - the curly wool looks brilliant.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh this is brilliant. I love how you did his curly fur. No wonder your friend was thrilled

Carole said...

Wow...you really have mastered this needle felting Carol...such lovely markings on your little doggy no wonder your friend is really thrilled with him. Such a thoughtful and love filled present that I am sure will be treasured.xx

Sue - said...

He is adorable! You must have endless patience to do this.

Doris knippenenplakken said...

Wow...He's Beautiful!!!
Hugs Doris

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a labour of love but well worth it for the finished result and I'm sure that your friend adores it.
Lorraine

Pat K said...

WOW..he is fabulous. Love how you created the curly fur and that super cute face. How rewarding when your friend (and her daughter) were thrilled. xx

Chrissy said...

Oh, WOW, he is amazing Carol, the curly hair is just brilliant,such perfection in the details and he is also so very cute, wonderful project and I hope you put a good price on these cuties you make..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Diane said...

Fabulous little felt dog design Carol you are so talented.

Hugs diane