Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Tuesday 19 April 2011

My Sister's '0' Birthday

Hi Everyone,


A nice, warm day again. I wish it would rain just a bit, as I am trying to dig my garden and it's getting harder every day!! My knees don't like it!!Lol!


Well Sis, the news is out as to which '0' birthday it is!!Lol! As I was given the choice of either poppies or owls for the card, I decided to send a surprise! I just could not come up with a card design using them both!!

I had to use the Little Claire owls as they are so cute and my sister just loves owls.
The blue background is Faded Jeans Distress Ink, with Smooch Spritz Pearl shimmer sprayed on top. Can't see it in this photo. Also the 'moon' and the punched flowers are sprayed but again not visible.
The surprise was, I had painted the Poppies that my sister had admired. I had painted them for my charity sale, and actually sold them!
The flower heads were Sheena's Fusion stamps. I drew the bud and seed head.
I used my fave Distress Inks, Aged Mahogany and Fired Brick for the flowers. Painted onto a heavy weight Watercolour board.
It is so much nicer to give someone a gift that you have taken the time to make or paint. I know that my sister will get pleasure from my work and I also get pleasure knowing that.


Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments. I love to read them all. Oh! Happy 70th Birthday Pat!!


Luv,

Carol S. xx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your owl card is gorgeous but those poppies are superb. Mary x

Heike said...

These are both stunning Carol. x

Louise said...

Wow, Carol, your card is just stunning and I bet your sister loves it!
And as for your poppies, they are just amazing :) You really are very talented xx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi there Carol, Wowee! these are so amazing, love your owl card, gorgeous embellies and fab sentiment. Those poppies are stunning. Your colouring is incredible, it really breathes life into any image.

Donna x

Louise said...

Just totally love this
Hugs Louise xx