Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Sunday 15 May 2011

How Sparkly Can you Get?!!

Good Morning All,



How sparkly can you get?



The Little Claire Challenge this time is 'Sparkle'. Now that is not difficult for me as you know. I do like a little drop of Stickles!! However, I did want to be a little bit different with my sample.





I decided to go down the Fusion technique route a bit. With a little bit of grunge thrown in. I painted a piece of Watercolour board with Ivory Matt Emulsion. Whilst still wet, I dragged a tiny bit of green Acrylic paint through and brushed it into the emulsion. Using Smokey Grey Versafine, my usual ink of choice (looks like a pencil line), I stamped Emma's Flower stamp from Little Claire, onto the card.
I then used acrylic paints and the fusion technique to paint the flower. The base coat for the daisy head was grey, as I like the definition it gives when you over paint with the white. I then added a watery grey paint for the shadow.

I used Little Claire's Spikey Flowers stamp with a gold Brilliance ink pad, to stamp around the edge of the card.
The sentiment is from the new set,
Claire's Sentiments, a set of 12 stamps for all occasions.

After tearing the edges of the card, using Dry Foam, I added streaks of Walnut Stain Distress Ink, dragging it into the middle and then ran it around the edges.

I also did the same on the background papers.




For the 'Sparkle' I added Stickles to the centre of the flower and around every edge of paper and card!Lol! Then added a few gems and some gold paper raffia.




Now for your efforts you can be in the running for the fab prize below. So just add your link to your 'Sparkle' sample to Little Claire's blog challenge and as they say, 'You have to be in it to win it!!'




Good luck to all entries. The rules are on the blog so go for it.

Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comments, all are very much appreciated.

Luv,

Carol S. xx

3 comments:

Louise said...

Love it! Paint fusion and Little Claire stamps - what a combination :) xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - I love the effect of the Paint Fusion technique and it really does make stamps look different.

Helen x

Donna Mosley said...

Very beautiful Carol. Love the paint fusion, so effective.

Donna x