Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Monday 13 February 2012

Copics For A Change

Hi everyone,

It is great not to be coughing anymore!! I had to have antibiotics in the end to get rid of my cough. I now have a new date for my knee operation. It will be confirmed by the end of the week but is hopefully going to be on the 14th March.

Great news, as I have a brides' hair to do on the 10th and we are also going to the wedding!

This is a card I made using a free gift with a magazine. Can't remember which mag but it had a lot Lili Of The Valley printed images, ready for you to colour. Unfortunately the card they are printed on will not take my distress inks. So I had no choice but to get the Copics out!!


The backing paper was from my stash, printed from a CD I think!

I used a doily that I found in a box but had to cut the frilly edge off, to get it onto the card!Lol!!

The yellow dots around the main image are glue beads, using Cosmic Shimmer dries white glue and coloured with a Copics pen.
I do struggle a bit with Copics because I don't have hundreds of them, so I don't always have enough shades of one colour for blending. I bought a few packs but was a bit dissapointed, as they had a few of the same colours in the different packs. I then ended up with 3 of the same shade of green and the same of a pink.

That is one of the reasons I prefer my Distress Inks!!
I added Star Dust Stickles to her necklace and the ribbon on her hat. Also a little on the flowers and around the edges of the die cut.
I used a Sizzix Framelits Die for a change. They sadly don't emboss but they are cheap!!
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.
A special thanks also, for all the get well wishes. They really cheered me up.
Hugs,
Carol S.xx

No comments: