Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Wednesday 1 September 2021

Foxy

    A friend asked me if I could make a Fox, with my 
    Needle Felting, as a gift for a member of her family. 

As I haven't been doing this for long, I said I would have a go.
So this is my result!!

   She has only seen a photo of him and said he was gorgeous.    
I just need to find something I can use for his 
black whiskers. Cotton is too floppy, even the thick one I had.

All ideas welcome!!
           
 

Thank you for the lovely comments on my last post.
They were all read and treasured.
I will visit your blogs and leave a message for you.

The cat in the window, my last post, got me another
commission. This time a Dachshund Dog!!

I already have a big Christmas project ready 
for my next post!! 
I know I don't have another one ready very often!!

Stay safe. 
Big hugs,
Carol 
xxxx

12 comments:

Lynne said...

This little fox looks perfect Carol, your are very clever. I love the colour, very rich looking. I can't think of much for his whiskers though unless you dip thick cotton into clear glue to make it stiffer? x

Carole said...

Mr Fox is absolutely fabulous Carol...you really bring these characters to life, and obviously they go down a storm as yu get more orders..well done! You seem very organised and very creative right now which is good to hear. Have you done your craft fairs yet? xx

cotnob said...

Your fox is gorgeous, you are very good at needle felting, it certainly doesn't look like you haven't been doing it for long.
What about a thin beading thread for whiskers, the only problem is you have to buy rather a lot!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Doris knippenenplakken said...

Beautiful fox Carol, lovely colors.
Hugs Doris

Marianne's Craftroom said...

He is fab, love the rich colour. Could you use thin black wire for his whiskers?

Sarah said...

What an outstanding fox Carol, you have a real knack for needle felting xx

aussie aNNie said...

You are so good at creating these gorgeous creatures, Carol, Foxy is awesome...xx

Jules said...

Hi Carol

Totally amazing. You look like you have been needle felting for years!

How on earth do you decide what you want to make each day when you wake up?!?!

As for the whiskers ... ... ... type fake whiskers uk into Etsy. Lots of options for you there.

I tried to link to one but it threw up such a weird and long link that it looked a bit dodgy in a comment box!

Good luck.

Happy weekend.

Love Jules xx

Chrissy said...

Oh Carol, another wonderful and totally gorgeous sweet animal I love him, he is perfect..if you have a brush and shovel in black those bristles would be good and stiff for whiskers, if not black you could colour white ones..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Gibmiss said...

This is fabulous Carol…. You clever clogs xx
Really hot here xx

Sue - said...

Fabulous fox Carol - you’re really getting very good at this needle felting. Looking forward to seeing the big project!

Pat K said...

Oh he is gorgeous! You are so good at needle felting. xx