Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Thursday 28 June 2012

I'm Back!!

Hi All,

Well that's my holiday over! We had a week in South Devon and a week in the New Forest. The weather could have been a bit warmer but at least it was mostly dry.

We stayed at Seaton in Devon and would highly reccomend the house where we stayed. It was a 2 minute walk from the beach and definately was worthy of it's 4 star rating. The property is called Carisbrooke and is owned by Zoe and Allistair. It can easily be found if you Google it.

This is a card I made yesterday morning for my friend's birthday, which was yesterday! I know, cutting it a bit fine! But at least I had bought her present on holiday. She collects bears and we bought one from a shop that designed and made them in the actual shop.

The bear is an old Creative Expressions stamp and is still my favourite bear. I stamped him onto a double sided adhesive sheet. On the back of the sheet, I used a Sakura Star Dust Purple pen to colour his bow, straight onto the adhesive. Then using a craft knife, I cut away sections of the backing paper on his body between the 'fur' lines and applied gold leaf flakes onto the adhesive. I did small sections so as not to get in a mess.

I then stuck him onto acetate. I cut a circle aperture in the front of my card base and stuck him in the window.
I then cut a frame using a Marianne Creatables die. I wanted the little half moon pieces around the edge of the frame to remain in place. So before I took the card out of the die, I applied tape to the back to hold them in. I then used a circle die to cut out the centre of the frame. As this slighlty flattened the embossing on the frame, I put it back into the Marianne die and embossed it again.

The flourishes are in the same die set as the frame. The butterflies are a MS punch. For the sentiment I used the Nestie Butterfly circle die.

You might be wondering what the next photo is. I had a problem with my photo programme today and it saved my card pics next to this photo.

This picture was taken a couple of years ago and is my son Nick with Prince William. William spent the day with Nick at the Grassroots Charity that Nick was involved in, through his job with The Football Association. 
I made this photo into a card with a speech balloon and my son saying, "No Wills, that is a football. A Rugby ball is this shape!"

I am sure it will be a day he won't forget.

Thanks for stopping by and for leaving your lovely comments. You know I really do enjoy reading them.
Hugs,
Carol S.xx






2 comments:

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Adorable, gorgeous card Carol!! I love the colors and your creativity. Gloria

Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good holiday Carol , your card is fabulous, love those swirls.... what a fantastic photo certainly one for the family album in years to come when he is king . Hugs Elaine