Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Wednesday 23 February 2022

From Door To House!!

Phew!! I finally finished this project!!
All I wanted to do, was to make a scene for a Fairy 
I made  with my air dry clay. 
She had been sitting on a shelf above my desk, for a few 
years and I also wanted to give her some hair and clothes!! 

I did a crackle effect on the door and the frame.
I Die cut some Ivy and a climbing floral item
to decorate the bare frame.


The Bunnies are wood from my stash and I just painted them.
The Toadstools and the snail, I made using
some white air dry clay, then painted them with acrylic paint.


She is made with my clay and her clothes are all 
made with ribbons from my stash.
She is sitting on a piece of wood, like a piece
of a tree trunk. Bought from Hobbycraft.

 
She does have pink wings. I cut them from beautiful
Organza fabric and added some Stickles to it.
For her hair, I used some of my Felting wool.
I made a plait, which goes right around her head too.


I made a box to add onto the back of the Fairy door.
Was very fiddley because of the shape of the frame.
I had done it before but couldn't remember exactly
how I did do it!!   (Old age!!)

I lined it with a piece of beautiful rose pink Foil Card
from Hobbycraft. Can't see it properly because of the 
shadow on it. 
The black Fairy flying in, is a die cut one using glittered
card, again from Hobbycraft.
The Fairy sitting at her mirror, is an old stamp from
Lily of The Valley. Coloured with Copics pens.
Again, the pink and purple doesn't  look as bright as it is.


I know it took a long time to do. But I thought that a little girl 
could open the door and see something. So they
wouldn't be disappointed, just seeing a hole!!
I know I would be!!! Lol!!!

So this is why I haven't posted for ages, as I also had 
Easter cards to make for the Care Home I support.
Finished them today.

Thank you for taking the time  to pop into
my blog. As you know, we  all do love to get  some
messages from our blogging friends.

Stay safe still. 
Big hugs
Carol
XXXX


 

10 comments:

Doris knippenenplakken said...

Wow...so cute, what a gorgeous creation with lovely details!
Have a great day, hugs Doris

Carole said...

Another super creation Carol...must have taken you ages! I bet she will fly at your next sale. Hope you are well and safe xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is adorable Carol, Lots of time and work has gone in to this lovely project.
Lorraine

Lynne said...

Your fairy is so sweet Carol, a fabulous project x

Chrissy said...

So much love has gone into your gorgeous Fairy door and fairies and it is so magical and beautiful Carol..love her pink hair in a plait,all your details are fabulous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

Looking good, great fairy magic and beautiful design.
Keep Safe ♥

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous what a very clever project it’s just adorable such patience to get it that perfect love and hugs Carole x

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness I love this little fairy and scene. Great details and beautifully designed.

Sue - said...

Wow Carol this is absolutely amazing! You are so talented. xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful project Carol, lots of fabulous details - I'm not surprised that it took you ages, so much work.
It's good to be back after spending the last month sorting out my craft room.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x