Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Monday 16 July 2012

What A Week!!

Good evening all,

What a week I have had. I had a couple of men start work in the garden on Wednesday, preparing the ground for our patio. The area is 40' by 35' and they started to strip off the grass in the rain. They gave up after a few hours, as the rain was coming down so hard the turf cutting machine wouldn't work.

On Thursday they picked up the cut turf and stripped the rest off with a spade. They then had to dig a large area, as the levels were very  uneven. Again in the afternoon the rain came down like stair rods, so they had to stop again.

Friday was a bit better weather wise and one guy continued to dig out one area and the other laid our old slabs at the back of the garage where we want to store the dustbins. They were coming on Saturday morning but the rain came down so hard Friday night, that we had one rather large paddling pool! I am hoping that tomorrow the weather will be a bit better. The job was supposed to take 3 days!Lol!

The village fair I was supposed to do yesterday was cancelled as the field was waterlogged. I thought it was Summer!

This is a little card I made yesterday. As I sold most of what I call my 'posh' cards at the village fair I did last week, I have to replace my stock.

The fairy is a Kanban stamp, coloured with Dusty Concord Distress Ink on her dress. Her hair is Scattered Straw DI. The picture is not very good as the light was rubbish. Also I think I might have lightened it a bit too much with my photo prog.

This picture is a bit better. You can even see the Star Dust Stickles on her dress and the flowers.  The leaves are a new die I bought, which is one of a set of 5 different leaves. They are Cheery Lynn Designs dies. I just love them as they are so different. I also bought a set of 3 butterflies dies.

I can't seem to get my cursor below my picture. Blogger is playing silly b.....s again. So I will have to say goodnight up here!!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you had a good weekend.
Hugs,
Carol S.xx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Can only see the bottom picture but it looks gorgeous, hope its stopped raining, Mary x, oops top picture has just appeared, its lovely x blogger really acting up!!

Louise said...

So pretty, I love the hint of DP underneath too xx

Louise said...

Ooh, its so pretty! Love the hint of DP underneath too xx

Unknown said...

Oh Carol this is beautiful what a pretty image and a gorgeous card. Sorry about the mud pools in your garden but you will be thrilled when its all finished. Sad about the village fair bein cancelled, this rain is a horror !!
Hugs Elaine