Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Thursday 20 December 2012

An Old Favourite!

Hi All,
 
I am posting 2 nights running, I can't believe it!
 
Still having problems with my photo program. If I put my name on, I then can't upload the picture. Hope to solve it over the Christmas break.
 
This Santa stamp I have had for a number of years. It was on a wooden block but I always remove them and put them onto u-mount.
 
I first made the background paper, starting with a piece of white paper and coloured it with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I then used Tea Dye DI and a Kaiser Craft Script stamp  and stamped all over the paper. I then ran a gold leaf pen around the edges.
 
 
I stamped Santa with Vintage Photo onto white card and cut it out with the largest size Nestie Label 18. I left it in the die and using Dry Foam and Vintage Photo ink, I edged it around the inside of the die. I then ran a gold leaf pen around the edge.
 
I used the same size die on a piece of gold pearlescent card, drawing around the outside of the die, making a slightly larger size. I used scissors to cut it out. I used foam pads to mount the image onto the gold card.
 
The Poinsettia I cut out of some brown patterned paper and a scrap of green paper from my stash. I then edged each petal with gold acrylic paint dabber. I glued it together and added a gold gem in the middle.
 
I cut 2 strips of gold designer paper and stuck them onto the backing paper.  I then added the sentiment. After gluing the Santa in place, I added Stickles Star Dust onto the snowflakes in his beard and on the edges of the flower. Around the edges of the image I used Gold Stickles.
 
Finally I used Glossy Accents on his eyes and his glasses.

I hope you like this card as much as I do. This really is my all time favourite image of Santa.
 
Thanks for stopping by. I will post more market photos and even pics of my finished drive!!
 
Hugs,
Carol S.xx

2 comments:

Jill Edwards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill Edwards said...

Dear Carol,

     Are you the Carol who is married to Warwick? I did a little detective work on your Christmas card which arrived yesterday and decided you may be! If so, could you email me your landline phone number? I would love to call Rick, but can't find a phone number at the address I have for you.

Regards, Jill Edwards (jill dot edwards at iinet dot net dot au).