Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Saturday 12 January 2013

Two Of a Kind.

Hi All,
 
Hope you are all tucked up in the warm. It's freezing and very wet here in West Sussex.
 
Thank you for your well wishes re my hand. The injection wasn't too bad, just left a small bruise. I won't know for a couple of weeks if it has worked. Today I received confirmation for my knee replacement operation, Wednesday 20th February. Now that I am not looking forward to!
 
This LOTV stamp has to be one of my favourites. That is why there are two cards using the same stamp today. Both are coloured with Distress Inks but using different colours.
 
 
For the first one I have used Tattered Rose and Worn Lipstick for her top, the flowers in her hair and the top section of  her wings. For her skirt I used Shaded Lilac, also on the bottom part of her wings and her shoes.
 
I used Nesties Decorative Labels Twenty Seven to cut out the image and whilst still in the Die, I used Tattered Rose around the inside edge of the Die. The background papers were from a free paper pack of Prima Botanicals and the rest from my stash.
 
 

The next card was much simpler. The base background was a piece of beige card that I went around the edges with Gathered Twigs. I cut 2 panels and one square, from Prima Botanicals papers and used Gathered Twigs around the edges.
 
 
The stamped image was cut out with a Nestie and before I removed it from the die, I went around the internal edge with Antique Linen. For her dress top I used Dried Marigold and for the skirt I used Pumice Stone. I used the same colours on her wings.
 
The sparkly bits are of course, Stickles Stardust.
 
 
I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend and find some time for a bit of crafting. I am going with a friend to Sandown Park Craft Fair on Thursday. First one of 2013!
 
I wish Lili of the Valley went to this one, as due to my operation, I don't think I will be able to make Alexandra Palace this April. Since the changes at St. Pancras Station, it is so far to walk to the platforms.
 
Well off to bed for an early night tonight. I went at 01.30 last night, (my usual time!) I just settled down and my husband cramped his leg. He wandered around for a bit, got back in bed and then started to cough and cough!! He has the winter cough that is going around at the moment.
 
I got a bit fed up, so got out of bed and went and read the local paper for half an hour, until he had stopped! Then we had to get up early this morning, as the builder was coming to concrete our new pipework in. Guess what?!! As it was raining hard, he couldn't do the concrete, so I need not have got up early!
 
My eyes are now sore, so I will say goodnight and thanks for stopping by. I love reading your comments as they always make me smile.
 
Hugs,
 
Carol S.xx
 
 


3 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful cards Carol, love the gorgeous image and the papers & details are so pretty. Amazing colouring.

Donna x

Unknown said...

Two beautiful cards , I love the colours that is such a cute stamp, Mary x

Shelly said...

Hi Carol! Your cards are both adorable, it is such a pretty stamp, I can see why you like it so much. Glad to hear the injection went ok, fingers crossed it'll have helped. Poor you having to have a knee op, I have trouble with my right knee after an accident at work, it aches but I just have to bear it. Thanks for the words of encouragement on my blog... I'm heading off to my craft room to see if I've turned a corner ;) Hugs, Shelly x