Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Monday 11 February 2013

Pretty, Pink and Cuddly!

Hi Everyone,
 
I can't believe we had snow again today. I was supposed to be going to some friends today, but cancelled it until tomorrow.
 
So instead, I spent the day painting our new internal doors with wood stain.  I spent Thursday, Saturday and Sunday wood filling the door frames, as the new doors were thicker than the old ones. That meant the door stops on the frames had to be moved. Then I sanded and painted them all. 
 
I did still manage to make this card on Saturday evening. The stamp was one of Lili Of the Valley's new Spring Collection,  Watering The Flowers. I coloured it with Distress Inks for a change! The backing papers are from Dovecraft, Back to Basics collection. I also used Lili Of The Valley's new clear set of stamps, Stitches, around the edges of the papers.
 
 
For the sentiment, I cut a Spellbinders Label 4 the size that fitted best and then cut it in half. I punched holes in both pieces and then stamped the sentiments. I attached it in place with double sided tape and then threaded ribbon through and tied the bow. I drew 2 little hearts onto a scrap or paper,  cut them out and attached them with  foam pads.
 
The flower was the Basics paper and cut, using the Memory Box, Fabulous Phlox Die. I edged the petals with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and Stickles Star Dust, which I also used on the Bear's hat and bag.
 
The first photo is the true colour of the card. The one below is not!!
 

If you haven't seen the new Spring release stamps from Lili of the Valley, pop over and have a look. you can buy them all for a special price!!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your lovely messages.

Hugs,
Carol S.xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A really beautiful card, lovely colours and sweet image, thank you for your comment on my blog, my colouring is with spectrum noirs, Mary x