Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Monday 13 May 2013

Anything But A Card

Hi Everyone,
 
Is it ever going to get warm again, or have we had our summer! I am fed up wearing jumpers and coats.
 
We had a very strange weekend. The neighbour to our left had a heart attack on Sunday morning and was taken off to hospital. I heard today that he is fine. 
 
The neighbour to our right went to hospital last Thursday for a MRI scan and was kept in and was then operated on Sunday morning.
 
The guy who I have got to help in the garden, was supposed to come on Saturday and as it was heavy rain all day, I didn't expect him to come. On Sunday morning he phoned, to say that he had decided to come that day but his Mother had had a fall in the bath and had passed away!!
 
We are hoping that was our 3 things!
 
On a brighter side, this is a mirror I made at the same time as the blue clock, which has been sold now. I love sometimes to go out my comfort zone of tidiness, into messy and random things. This mirror was right out there.
 
 
 
I found tearing pieces of paper and stamping randomly in a mess, quite enjoyable. I can see if a piece of paper is 1mm out of being in a straight line. So this was amazing to do, as there are no straight lines!!
 

I just chose colours of paper I liked and ripped them up to roughly fit on the mirror frame. I then inked all the edges of the papers with Broken China and Walnut Stain Distress Inks. After which I stuck the papers down onto the frame.
 
In the picture below, I have used a Crafters Workshop Mask, which I placed on the paper and covered it with Paper Artsy Grunge Paste. I am in love with this product and constantly looking for things to use it on! I bought both items in The Craft Barn in South Nutfield, Surrey. The butterflies are Martha Stewart punches.
 

For the flowers below, I drew a circle on some paper. From the side edge, I drew a wavy line spiral to the centre, leaving a small circle in the middle to sit the flower on. Starting from the outside edge, I started to tightly roll the flower, keeping the bottom edge level. When you reach the middle, I put a blob of glue on the centre circle and let the flower unroll a little before putting the bottom edge into the glue.
 
The bigger the circle the bigger the flower. I used one big and 2 smaller circles. The feathers came from my stash.
 

The last picture is a piece of paper that I had in my stash. No idea where it came from but I just stamped a bit more over the images already on it.
 

I hope you like my mirror, as I really enjoyed making it. As I have another market this Saturday, I am now busy making stock. I must find time to make another clock, as I only have 2 left.
 
Thanks for stopping by and leaving your lovely comments.
 
Guess what. I just looked out the window and it is pouring down with rain again!!
 
Hugs,
 
Carol S.xx

5 comments:

The Little Stamper said...

Sounds like you have been surrounded by bad luck this weekend - I hope that is the last of it.

Your mirror is just beautiful and I love all that detail on it.
PS - we have had plenty of rain these last few days too, and I don't think it's over yet...so much for summer!!

Sharon x

Louise said...

What a gorgeous mirror ... Love the colours and texture xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is fabulous love the colours too huggles Pops x x x

Shelly said...

Stunning card Carol, I love your random tearing, and the flowers are perfect! Sorry to hear about all the bad news, that's 3 so hopefully no more :)

Jessica said...

Double Wow - This is amazing. I know just what you mean about edges being straight - I'm exactly the same!! This is beautiful. xx