Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Monday 9 December 2013

Pretty In Pink

Hi my blogging friends,
 
Are you ready for the big day. I'm not and I don't think I am alone! I have had a very busy few weeks, with a Craft Fair every weekend and both my children's birthdays. I did my last fair last weekend and it was the end of the best fairs run I have done. It was also my daughters' 40th birthday. That was followed on Tuesday, with my son's 37th birthday. I put it down to cold Februaries!
 
I would also like to welcome my new follower to my blog. I hope you enjoy visiting my blog and I hope to post more often. 
 
It doesn't look like I am going to get to 50 followers by Christmas!Lol! I suppose it would help if I posted more often and entered more challenges. I am sure I must have less hours in my days, than the bloggers that post every day!! How do you do it?!!
 
I have spent the whole of this weekend sorting out and cleaning my craft room. It was pretty bad. I had got to point, that even I couldn't cope with the mess! I finished all my Christmas cards on Friday. I managed to make everyone a card. So I got stuck into sorting out first thing Saturday morning. I found things that I had forgotten I had.
 
For this card, I used a stamp from the latest girlie stamps, from Lili of the Valley. She is called 'Getting Ready'.  They released 5 stamps and I just had to buy them all. I stamped them all out the day they arrived but told myself, that I couldn't make a card until I had finished all my Christmas cards.
 
 
 
The sentiment is from Annette's blog and she has freebies that you can download. Click here for the link. Her blog is brilliant and she really does make me laugh. It is also very inspiring and you must check out her clocks. They are stunning.
 
I coloured the image with Distress Inks with a dusting of Stickles on the bows, her dress and the edge of the white table cloth. None of it shows of course. I also added some Glossy Accents to the mirror.
 

The flower was a mixture of Spellbinders dies. The base layer is using the middle size Aster flower and the other 2 layers were using the Poinsettia die. I also used 2 different papers from my scraps box. The leaves are a Marianne die.
 
 
We got the 2 Christmas trees and decs out of the loft today. So I will spend the next couple of days cleaning the rooms and decorating the trees.
 
We are at friends, at the top of our road, for Christmas day and then all the family are coming to us on Boxing day. Should be a fun couple of days. Loads to eat and I might even have a drink. I have been off wine since last Christmas, hoping to lose more weight.
 
I hope to get a few earlier nights now, as I feel it's catching up with me. Going to bed at 2am and getting up at 8am is not good. I can't keep going on 5 or 6 hours sleep.
 
Right, it is 1.00am, so I am going to finish now and I should be in bed by 01.15, so 45 minutes earlier than normal. That's a start isn't it!
 
Thank you for stopping by and for your lovely comments that you leave  me. I really do treasure them.
 
Night, night.
 
Hugs
 
Carol S.xx
 


3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Carol..love that sweet image and what a beautiful flower...love the card shape too.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Annette said...

OK now I'm blushing!!! LOL Thanks for the great write up and I really do love seeing my sentiments used on such fab cards as it makes it worthwhile me making and sharing them. I love your LOTV image too, so sweet. I've tried a few fayres but never seem to have much luck selling my creations. I did one last weekend and sold 2 items, neither of which were cards. I think people would rather buy 50 for a quid in a 'pound shop'. :0(
Have a fab day.
Hugs
Annette
xx

shampylou30 said...

Another beautiful card. I love you layout and she is coloured beautifully xxx