Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Colours Of Autumn

Okay, I know my last post was huge. I promise this is a very short one! Ish!! Honest!!
 
This is my card for our new challenge #86, at Crafting For All Seasons.
As my title states, the challenge is
Colours of Autumn.
 
Our sponsor for this challenge, is Limited Runs The prize is 3 Digis.
Drop in on their shop and see what you could win.
 
 
If you need some inspiration, just pop over to Crafting For All Seasons blog and have a look at the samples from the amazing team.
 
I started with the background, using a piece of glossy card. I used my old Big'N'Juicy, Spice ink pad and gave my Brayer an airing!
I began by randomly stamping the leaves.  Again, an old set from Creative Expressions, with Versamark clear ink and dried them. I then stamped them again with Versamark and this time used clear embossing powder.
I then brayered over the top, using the Spice B'N'J ink pad. Dried the ink again and then stamped again using Versamark ink and gold detail embossing powder. I then gave the card a good polish with a soft tissue.
You can just see the first layer as a shadow.
 

 
I then stamped some leaves with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink, cut them out and 3D'd them.
The sentiment is from the same set of stamps.
 


A fun card to make, as I was using all old techniques,
that I haven't done for years!
 
Can't wait to see what you come up with! Join in with the challenge and have a bit of fun crafting. Even win a prize too!
 
Thanks for stopping by and leaving your lovely comments. 
I will be back soon.
 
Hugs,
Carolxx

18 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

How lovely, love all the Autumnal shades

Sue - said...

Lovely autumnal colours. Its good to see some of the old techniques come back!

Carol said...

Fabulous card Carol, the colours are beautiful. Carol x

Sarah said...

What brilliant leaves Carol!! A beautiful card xx

Dawn said...

Your card is just gorgeous Carol! I love the rich colours!
Hugs
Dawn xx

The Little Stamper said...

There's something about autumn colours that really warms my heart and your card just shows them off perfectly!

I will be sorry to say goodbye to summer but I can't wait to see all those lovely autumn leaves now :-)

Sharon x

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Carol, I love your rich autumn colours and fabulous sentiment.
Pauline
x

Chrissy said...

I love Autumn Carol..my favourite Season and I love your gorgeous card..the colours are so rich and beautiful..fabulous sentiemnt too and love your handcut leaves.

luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous Autumn card my BFF love these colours at any time.xxxThe Journey is the Start


Pamellia said...

This is just gorgeous! Your colours are so vibrant and I just love all your metallics! What a wonderful sentiment too! :)

Bianca said...

Hi Carol! Your creation is so pritty! I love the leafes, they are looking like real. xx Bianca

vic said...

Ohhh this is lovely carol the colours are so pretty :) the leaves look so real too!
Have a lovely day
Hugs
Vic x

Carole said...

Beautiful autumn colours...love all those leaves.

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

I love your design with those beautiful leaves and the autumnal colours look gorgeous!
Rebecca.

shampylou30 said...

Gorgeous card love the background so pretty xxxxx

Heike said...

Very nice. Lovely autumnal colours. And such a clever use of the leaves.
Hugs, Heike xx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Carol, I love Autumn and this card depicts everything that Autumn is, those golden leaves look fantastic, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Elise said...

Hi Carol! Oh gosh, I've missed quite a bit on your blog haven't I? I'm so sorry! This card makes me feel all warm and cozy .. sigh .. I love love love these Autumn colors! It's soooo BEAUTIFUL!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise