Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Friday 13 January 2017

Hats Off!!

A bit late but Happy New Year.

I really must thank you for all your lovely messages
you left on my Dollhouse post.
I was quite moved by your comments.

I have now decided to make a few things to take to my Craft Fairs.
As someone pointed out, that there a lot of people with houses
 and not many places that you can see and buy pieces for them.

So I started with sets of hat, parasol and hat box.


The 50p coin is just so you can see the size.
Everything is made to 12th scale.
Hubby thought the hat boxes were too big, until
I put a hat in one. He has no idea of the real life size of them.
They can be huge, depending on the hat.



The two boxes tied with cord are boxes of Greetings Cards.
They are folded as a RL card and I have made envelopes for 
them that they fit into.


I have bought some Fimo to make other things like food
 bowls and ornaments.
I have also started to knit a full layette for a baby girl.
I have done the dress, just got to sew it together 
and to add the tiny button.

The knitting needles are 2mm thick and the thread
 is like strong sewing cotton thickness.
It's a bit fiddly doing the lace pattern around the bottom 
of the dress and coat. The hat is even harder, 
as the lace pattern is around the brim.
As for the pants and booties!!! 

They are to fit a 1 1/2" - 2" baby doll.
I hope to finish the set by the end of next week.
I am only doing it in the evenings, 
watching TV for a couple of hours.

News Update on Winter Wonderland Challenge.
Unfortunately the lady who is the Co-ordinator
is in Hospital at the moment.

We are trying to arrange with the Sponsor
 of the last challenge, to get the winning prize to the winner.

We are also getting another challenge put together
 for next week.
So please pop into the Winter Wonderland 
blog and join in the fun next week. 

I will post a note here when it is ready.
Thank you for your patience.

Have a lovely weekend and thanks for stopping by.

I love reading your messages 
and only if you let me know you have been,
I will pop into your blog and message you too.

Big hugs,
Carol 
xxxxxx


14 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

OMG how tiny these are, you must have extremely slim fingers my friend as these are just gorgeous.xxx{aNNie}

Elise said...

Wowwww Carol! You are so clever and this detailed work is AMAZING!!! I love the matching sets .. these are absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! I can't imagine trying to put together something so tiny as these .. my fingers would be fumbling all over the place! Gosh you are talented!

I hope you're doing well my dear! Happy 2017 sweetie!!!

Big hugs,
Elise

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow what a great idea. You don't see many doll's house things and to get handmade is even better. These are beautiful

Ann said...

WOW These are fantastic ---what patience you must have & a great idea.
Ann x

Doris knippenenplakken said...

Wouwww Carol so pretty
This is amazing so Beautiful !!
A Have 2 childeren born a 80 , 88 thats better so :)
Have a great weekend
Greetings Doris

Stamping Bubbles said...

Wow these are fabulous Carol, so detailed. You must have lots os patience.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Carole Pollard said...

Some amazing projects Carol love them all I'm sure these will fly from your craft stall Love and hugs Carole x

Judith said...

These are fabulous Carol - I'm sure they will be so popular - you'd best get making more!! hugs Judith x

Carole said...

Wow! you are one very talented lady with a lot of patience! What you create is absolutely superb and should do well at your craft fairs! Mini cards in a box with envelopes...it takes me all my time to make one full sized one!!..lol Hugs xx

Lynne said...

Beautiful Carol! You're making me feel as though I should be getting on with my house. I just love these gorgeous tiny items but wouldn't be able to make them like you do x

Sue - said...

Gosh Carol you must have a lot of patience to make such tiny things! I'm sure they will be a big hit with other doll,s house owners.

Diane said...

What fun projects Carol and details.

Hugs diane

Lynsey said...

Wow these are wonderful Carol! You are clever! Hope WW coordinator is better soon!
Hugs Lynsey x

MiamiKel said...

Oh my, this is just amazing! You are very crafty and very creative - the details are so fabulous. I hope your friends is okay and has healed and is back to being healthy :)