Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Sunday 21 May 2017

My Spring Garden

Firstly, I must thank you all, who left me such 
lovely messages on my last post.
Blogland has some lovely people in it.

I have found that working in the garden has helped
a bit. Especially as the results are brilliant.

In my conservatory I have 60 pots of Cosmos
that I have grown from seed. Along with 4 hanging
baskets full of plants, just growing them on a bit
before they go outside.

I am so happy with our garden this Spring.
Considering that it was mostly planted up last summer,
the plants have come on really well.
Last year this was a bed of huge cobbles.
So I extended the bed and removed the cobbles.
I think this looks a lot prettier.


We are having the Summer house replaced, as the old one
was being eaten by beetles!
We are hoping to have the erection finished this week.


This picture is another part of the last picture, as the bed goes
the full length of this part of the garden.
I have widened it and extended it towards our side gate.
We dug out 19 shrub stumps and roots, along with a 
whole run of log roll which had been covered over with soil!!


This next picture is the bed where the cobbles were and 
this area is not fully in flower yet. It should have been
with the first picture!!


We are really pleased how this area has been transformed.
We had a retired policeman do some heavy jobs for us.
One of which was to lower the level of this area.
It was quite a step up, so he lowered it down to grass level.
We then had the easy bit which was to level it all off. 
We then put membrane down and then I laid a line of bricks
along the edge of the grass.
We then put the fence around the edge of the area and 
then just put the shingle down
Job done!!


This planting is just to the right of the bench, so a very pretty area now.


This is towards the end of the long bed and just springing into life.


Wakey wakey, Pictures finished now!!
At least I didn't give you all the Latin names of the plants!!

I have pictures on FB as how the garden looked when we moved here 
17 months ago!! Quite different.

We did need the rain but 2 days of it was more than enough!!

I hope you are enjoying your gardens and 
have a lovely weekend.

Hugs,
Carol 
xxxx


11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful show Carol, your flowers are a pleasure to see and love the variety here. You enjoy.xx [aNNie]

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Looking really good. Much better than it was! Ours is coming along well, more to plant tomorrow.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful gardens and seating area Carol..I need to hire a man to do my heavy stuff as it really hurts now and I get no where so leave it and it becomes so yucky..lol..plus..my main gardens are on the shady side and not a lot grows too well..the sunny side is the share drive way side and I dont like going out there...I could sit in your gardens for hours...very pretty indeed..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Annette said...

Your garden is beautiful Carol. If you'd like to pop around to do mine that would be great! I love those cosmos and your bench is lovely too. Hope you've had a good weekend. xx

Carole said...

Thank you for the tour of your garden carol...looks like you have been working very hard...and the hard work has really paid off, it looks beautiful.

Sarah said...

What a truly beautiful garden...absolutely gorgeous and a lovely way to spend time to reflect on happy times with your beloved friend xx

Carole Pollard said...

So beautiful a very pretty garden Love and hugs Carole x

Lynne said...

Beautiful garden Carol and it's lovely to have somewhere to sit and admire it. I love this time of year in the garden when everything starts to flourish and come into flower x

Diane said...

Beautiful garden pictures Carol, lots of love went into planting.

Hugs Diane

Anne said...

Your garden is so beautiful Carol, I can see how much work you have put into it and I hope the nice weather continues so you can enjoy it :o)

Elise said...

Wowwwww Carol! Your garden is truly STUNNING! How I'd love to have all those different kinds of flowers! Sooooo BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for sharing!

Big hugs,
Elise