Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Thursday 24 February 2011

More from Little Claire

Hi All,

Did you see our Steve on Create and Craft this morning? He was great, but the presenter, I'm sorry but I must say was rubbish!! She showed no respect to all the beautiful design teams' cards. She is definitely not a crafter.

This is another of my cards made with one of the 'Room with a view' sets. He is with my favourite, the Tree House set. Another great idea for a mans card, even Father's Day.

I coloured the picture with Distress Inks and for the shirt, I just used a fine brush to draw the lines. A very nice quick card to make.



Another favourite set, the beach hut. Distress Inks again and the life belts and the buckets are 3D.
A piece of raffia tied around the card. Add a few shells, free from the beach and you have a card done.
The most important ingredient of this recipe is the stamps. The quality are second to none.
As I always love to use Distress Inks, they are usually not very good with clear text stamps. Not sure why but they usually dry in dots, so I have to go over the text with a pen.
However, with Little Claire text stamps, they print perfectly every time with Distress Inks. Very evident on all these samples.
If you inspect the text on the card below, I think you will see that the print is very sharp. No dots to be seen!!
I stamp my images with Versafine Smokey Grey, so it looks like a pencil line. You can also add colour to the line, so it blends in with the image, or you can make it look like shadow. That is not so easy to do with black ink.


The flowers are a Woodware 2" punch and punched leaves, also a Woodware punch. I sprayed the flowers with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, gold and edged both the flowers and leaves with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

The Butterflies are Martha Stewart punches, as is the border. The flourishes are Nestabilities dies.

Everything has a dusting of Stickles Stardust of course. An ideal card for the person who has no hobbies!!
The next set of stamps are part of the Garage set.
These are going to be so useful, for all those men, like my husband, that have no liking for football!!

As he is Australian, his sporting activities were surfing and sailing. But he does like cars and his garage is his sanctuary. He goes in there every evening. At the moment, it is the place where he fills up the bird feeders!


In a couple of weeks time, we are having all new electrics put in his garage. New lighting and lots of sockets! Then in the Spring, we are going to make it look like the Little Claire Garage!! Lots of cupboards and shelving for his 'things'!!


The only thing that doesn't go with him in this set, is the paint pot. I do all the painting and paper hanging. He is not very good with paint!Lol!

I am sure you will enjoy using all of these stamp sets, as much as I did.
Check out the Little Claire web site to see all the design teams amazing cards. You will get so much inspiration.
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your supportive comments.
Luv,
Carol S. xx

1 comment:

Helen said...

Great selection of cards and I agree with your comments about the presenter on the C&C show!!

Helen x