Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Spot the number!!

Hi everybody,

Hope you all had a good weekend. I am still getting over a full day working in the garden. My muscles ache where I didn't know I had them. Lol! We filled 11 big black sacks with leaves and dead bits of plants I had to cut back.

I bought 2 new Sizzix Framelits Dies from The Craft Barn in Lingfield. This is the first one I used, on this card for my friends' parents.

Yes it does say 73 years of marriage. Does anyone know what, if anything they have for this one? Sixty is Diamond but I don't know any higher! I have never known anyone that has been married for so long!

This frame does have a top and bottom, so I just turned the centres around. As well as the fancy frame, you also get 2 small oval dies that fit inside the centre of the frame. The oval at the back of the 2 in the picture is the one that is cut from the frame itsel and the one on top, is the largest of the 2 separate dies.
The backing paper was from my stash.

The text I did on the computer and then used the largest die to cut it out. I used Dry Foam to apply Victorian Velvet Distress Ink to the oval, whilst it was still in the die. I then ran the Dry Foam around the edge of the other oval with the VV Ink.

I used a silver Sakura Stardust pen around the edge of the frame.

The fern leaves I cut using a Little Claire Die. The flower is made up with an assortment of die cut and punched flowers glued together and a Cosmic Shimmer glue dot in the middle. I coloured the dot when dry, with Cosmic Shimmer Mica Powder.

The Butterflies are punched from scraps of card, with a Martha Stewart punch. Their bodies are Pink Stickles. An Organza ribbon bow tops the whole thing!
Hope you like this one. A bit different for me as no painted image for a change.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving your lovely comments.
Hugs,

Carol S.xx

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Amazing card Carol - lovely colour and such pretty detail. Wow 73 years - that's incredible!! I'm sure your friend's Mum and Dad loved it. Jxx

Louise said...

This is beautiful x