Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Monday 5 March 2012

A Touch of Teal

Hi All,

Hope you all had a good weekend. It rained all day on Sunday, here in West Sussex. A very dark miserable day. Never mind, Spring is on the way.

This is a card I have made, to give to my friends' Daughter, who is getting married next Saturday. I made all the Stationery for the wedding, which I posted a few back.

I am doing the Brides hair for the wedding and also her Grandmothers' hair. I then have to help her Mum, to lace her into her dress!! Fortunately she is going from her Grandmothers' house, which is the same road as me. Oh, and I am a trained hairdresser. I had a Salon in Streatham, London, many moons ago!

I then have to fly home, change my clothes, grab my husband and get to the Country House where the wedding is taking place! Hopefully before the bride!Lol! No pressure.



The centre piece of this card is another of the new Sizzix Framelits Dies. I printed the names and sentiment on the computer, onto white paper and used the largest of the internal Dies to cut it out. I left it in the Die and used Broken China Distress Ink to soften the edges with Dry Foam. The main frame Die was cut out using white card. The background is a Crafts-Too embossing folder, which I coated the negative side with Broken China Distress Ink. I had cut a piece of white card to the size I wanted and put it into the inked folder and ran it through the my Joy machine. As the piece of card was bigger than the folder, I repeated the process on the rest of the card. Making sure that I placed the top plate away from the edge of the folder so I didn't get a line.
The butterfly is an old stamp which I really love. It doesn't have an outline, so you can cut it to any shape. I made a mix of white embossing powder and Crystal Ultra Fine Glitter. I stamped the butterfly onto a piece of Vellum with Versamark clear ink and then used my mix. You can't see the sparkle in the picture due to the bad light today. It looks like holographic powder.
The body is Stickles of course!

I just hope the weather next Saturday is better than this weekend.
I hope you like my card. It is very different for me to do what I call paper crafting, rather than painting my toppers. Somehow it feels like cheating. Or is that just me!Lol!!
I enjoy looking where my blog visitors come from. I would love to have a comment from another country.

Thanks for stopping by,

Hugs,

Carol S.xx


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Carol your creations are simply stunning !!
I have had a look at your blog and am im awe !!.
I like your style of crafting
Well done will certainly be following you.
Hugs Elaine

Elaine said...

Thank you Carol for the lovely comment you left on my blog, which in turn meant I found your blog!
I've spent a good long while having a nosey around and you are certainly multi talented!
I love your cards, very very pretty and I do love the glimpses into your dolls house (mine is sadly in need of repair...the roof tiles have slipped off!)

Hugs Elaine xx

Louise said...

Another beautiful card xx
Hope all goes well on the day!

Jessica said...

Amazing card - I think Teal is my fav colour. Jxx