Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Thursday 30 August 2012

Urgent!! Blogger Friends, Please Read This Post

Hi Blogger Friends,

Please take a few moments to read this post and then help if you can.

I follow Gloria Shirr's blog at www.purpleglocreations.blogspot.com and she had a touching story about a little boy called Matt.

He has had from birth, many challenges, having been born with only 2 fingers on each hand and without feet. He has undergone many operations which you can read about on his Mom's blog. 

After reading Gloria's blog, I went straight to Matt's Mother's blog, www.heartmadelife.com/selflessness  and there read her story of her amazing son. She has also included many photos of Matt through his years, to now at 10 years old.

Matt is now wanting to brighten the lives of the children, that are now undergoing treatment in the Shriner's Childrens Hospital, where he was literally put back on his feet! All you need do, is to make a get well soon card and send it to him, to pass onto a child in the hospital. He wants to get 75 by 8th September and he can't make all 75 himself!

Please take the time to pop over via the links.

I had my Granddaughter, Mia for the day on Tuesday. I showed her the story and the pictures of Matt. She said that we must make some cards and send them to him. They must have no added embellishments, glitter or 3D foam pads on, as some of them will go to small children, who could pull off bits and put them in their mouths. There are full details on their site.

The first picture are the 4 cards Mia made. The ideas were her own and she drew them herself, other than the mouse with the flower, which she traced from a stamped image.
 This is a cockerel with a leg in plaster and leaning on a crutch. I just love the duck, giving him the flower to cheer him up. I think it's so cute.
Mia is only 6 but I think her drawings are amazing for her age. OK I may be just a little bit biased! She came up with the ideas so quickly and within minutes they were there, on the paper. I just love the detail.

My cards are pictured below. I cheated, because the bear and the bunnies I had already coloured and were in my stash. The girl on the sofa was off a CD. The only one I had to colour was the kitten, which I did with Copics and Promarkers. Mia still made her cards quicker than me!!

I am posting them off tomorrow, so I hope they arrive in time. I am sure even if they wee a bit later, they will still get to the children.
I am sure you may even have the odd card laying around your craft room that just has to be put in the post!! Or one that wasn't perfect!

Thank you for popping by and please let me know if you do send a card or 2 to Matt.

Hugs,
Carol S.xx

2 comments:

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Wow Carol!! I am so impressed with what you did. Thanks so much for passing the word to others. I thought it was a good cause as you have and felt I had to participate. Thank you so much for doing this. Mia's cards are so sweet and what a lovely thing to teach your grandchild in helping others. Love your cards -they are so cute!! Thanks again. Have a blessed day!! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Well done Carol and well done Mia what fabulous cards she is a sweetie and so talented Big Hugs Elaine