Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Friday 29 March 2013

In The Pink With Puss!

Hi All,
 
I will make this a short post as  I still cannot sit for too long. I am getting very bored with this now!
 
I love this stamp from Lili Of The Valley. She is so cute and I love the cat's face too. I made it into a stepper card for a change. I had coloured the image a few weeks ago, but have spent the last 2 days putting it together. Sitting down for 20 minutes at a time.
 
I used Distress Inks to colour the image with. I like Copics but love my distress Inks. I have used them for many years and have not really found anything I prefer.
 
The white flowers I made from a circle of paper with the centre cut out. I then snipped a fringe around the outside edge and then rolled the paper up and glued the ends together. I then touched the ends with Walnut Stain DI and added a tiny rosebud to the centre.
 
 
The grey flower is a Mirror Box Die flower, with a small flower bead in the middle. The butterflies are a Martha Stewart punch.
 

The sentiments stamps are from Lili Of The Valley. They were one of the things I got with my voucher I won. They are great, as you can put a few of them together to make a long sentiment for inside a card. Also they are clear stamps which makes them even easier to use this way.
 
 
Well I can't sit for any longer. So I would like to wish you all a very Happy Easter. Enjoy the few days off. Don't forget to change the clocks on Sunday.
 
Thank you for stopping by and for leaving your lovely comments. I can't tell you how much they have helped me over the last few weeks.
 
Hugs,
 
Carol S.xx

7 comments:

Heike said...

This card is just beautiful Carol. And you included so many lovely details.
Heike xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful, lovely use of the stepper to embellish. Think about turning off word verification, very hard to read and puts people off commenting x

Elaine said...

Another beautiful card Carol.
This image is my favourite from LOTV (I love my kitty's) and of course I love DI colouring too, though I had tried Copics and failed miserably.
Perfectly embellished with your pretty flowers and die cuts.

Big hugs
Elaine xx

Louise said...

What a beautiful card, Carol! And there's your trademark DI painting - beautiful xx
I really hope the pain eases soon ... stay patient until then, it'll be worth it xx

shampylou30 said...

Stunning card I love distress inks but haven't learnt to do that yet hope you get better soon. And thanks for lovely comment left on my blog. Sue xxxx

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie this is just gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

Anne said...

Gorgeous Carol, I must have a go at those flowers. Love how you've used the sentiments too. Hope your knee is ok x