Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Monday 13 September 2010

A Butterfly in Flight!

Hi Everyone,

I have been rather busy, as I am trying to make things for the sale I am doing for my local charity. It is both a residential and full nursing home for the elderly. The staff are fantastic and very special people. I have been going there for nearly 5 years. I hope next year, when my house is finished, I can do more fund raising for them.


The basis for this card I designed 2 years ago. It was then featured in The Craft Stamper magazine as a 2 page spread, in March 2009. Last week I sat with some friends and we made this version. For the background I stamped and embossed onto vellum, using a little stamp set from Crafty Ideas by Kaz. They are great little stamps and you get 12 in a pack!

I also used the stamps on both the centre circle and the outer ring. You even get 2 butterflies and 2 dragonflies in the set. Great value and excellent quality.

The main butterfly is from Mariannes Creatables. The bottom butterfly is card, coloured with Spun Sugar Distress Ink. The top butterfly is vellum with spun sugar. The body is pink Stickles.


The leaves on the background, I coloured with a pink Sakura Stardust pen, using a water brush.

I really like the Spun Sugar ink, as it is such a delicate colour. Perfect for this pretty butterfly.


At the moment, I am having a bit of fun with a cone and fluffy stuff!! All will be revealed soon!

I'm in full Christmas swing now, as I am sure all of you out there in crafty land are!!


We are looking forward to it this year, as last year it was rather a non- event. We were living in one room, as the rest of the bungalow was in turmoil! We had a conservatory built as a dining room, but could not go into it, as the builders could not complete it, due to all the snow we had fall. It was the first ever christmas without a christmas tree! The only sign of christmas were the cards, which I spread all over the place just to make us feel better! This year I am going to have 2 trees! One in the sitting room and one in the conservatory and deckies everywhere, even in the loo!!


Well enough of that christmas thing. It will be here all too soon!

Going for some retail therapy tomorrow with a girl friend. Nice change, away from my desk or a tin of paint!

Will be back soon and thanks for visiting.

Carol x

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Beautiful card Carol. Love the beautiful delicate colours you have used, just perfect for your Butterfly.
Hugs
Sandra x