Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Wednesday 29 September 2010

A Lovely Fat Robin!

Hi Everyone,
I went to Alexandra Palace with a friend on Sunday. It wasn't very busy but I had never been on a Sunday before, we usually go on Saturday. However, it made it much nicer for walking around. I bought 4 stamps from Lili of the Valley. I do love their stamps as they are very easy to work with. Of course didn't stop there! A few more items found their way into my bag!
Other than the bauble in the centre of this card, all the other stamps I used for both of the cards, are from Crafty Ideas By Kaz. They are from her own range of stamps.
The detail on this border stamp is beautiful. I am not normally into border stamps, as they sometimes are very heavy looking and distract from the main image. These stamps are so delicate that they actually enhance the main image.
I love this Robin. He is just what a Christmas Robin should look like. Fat and full of Christmas pud! Both the Robin and the Poinsettia corner stamp are from the same range as the holly border above, also the frames down the sides of the Robin.
I stamped the corner stamp a few times and then cut them out. Both the flowers and the leaves were mounted on foam pads and coated with Glossy Accents and glitter.


All the images were painted with Distress Inks. Stickles on the leaves and Glossy Accents on the berries. Robin was stamped onto water colour board, so it was much easier to blend the inks.

Check out Karen's full range of stamps. The spring and summer flowers are also very detailed and excellent quality rubber, unmounted stamps. A nice change from the 'Big boys' designs in this trade! I love to support our true crafters, who supply us with their own individual stamp designs. Long may they reign.
If you agree, please leave a comment.
Thanks for visiting my blog,
Luv,
Carolx

No comments: