Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Tuesday 1 August 2017

Brave The Shave

At our Craft Fayre today we had an amazing event.

We had a very special, very brave couple, Kay and Nigel, who had both
agreed to join in the Macmillan Cancer Charity fund raising event,
Brave The Shave!!

For those of you that have not heard about this, it means, that to raise money 
for the charity, you must have your head shaved!!
Yes, that means male or female!!

As my trade is a hairdresser, I offered to do the job of cutting and 
shaving their hair off!!

In this first picture of Kay, she has had her hair banded.
This is because she has very long hair and she also wants to donate
her hair to a charity that make wigs for children that have cancer.

She was, bless her, very emotional first this morning.


This is the back view.


Below, stage one!! As I cut off each bunch, I asked everybody 
for donations. They were all very generous.  


I then used a number 4 adapter on my clippers for the last stage.

I then moved onto her husband, Nigel.
I had a bit of fun with him. Cutting patterns on his head before I shaved
it right off!!!

Here they are with the job done.

They are still smiling!!


Their aim is to get £1,000 in donations for the charity.
They raised £728 so far!!

They had it all filmed and I have put it on my Facebook page. 

These are two very special people.
Hugs,
Carol
xxxx





6 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Very admirable and congrats to the two fabulous people.xx
I have birthday candy please enter if you wish to do so...xx
[aNNie]

Sarah said...

What a wonderful couple!! Very brave indeed !!

Carole said...

Oh my how brave they are indeed. I admire their courage and dedication.xx

Sue - said...

Very brave of them both! And what a wonderful way to use the hair too.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow they are brave

Anne said...

What an amazing thing to do, I hope they got to their target :)

Anne x