Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Friday 18 August 2017

Wet or Dry!!

Did you know that Christmas is only 18 weeks away!!!!
Sorry!!!!.................But I just had to say it out loud!!

Thank goodness for being on the Winter Wonderland DT.
It means I make Christmas cards all year through.
I got my box of Christmas cards out a few days ago and 
was surprised just how many I have but also how
many I still need to make!

Our new challenge, here at Winter Wonderland
starts today for 2 weeks.
As you can enter up to 3 cards, Christmas ONLY, 
it will be good to get you started.

Kath is the host for this challenge
and she chose the theme which is:

Wet OR Dry Embossing

For my card I chose to do Dry Embossing.

The DIGI image, I was given from our generous Sponsor
You can find it here.

It is called Christmas Candle
 and includes 2 sentiment images.
I coloured both with Copics Pens.


For the sentiment I used 3 shades of red, 
to make it look more shaded.


I have added Stickles and Glossy Accents to the candle
flame and on the holly berries.

On the embossed berries, I used a red Sakura Stardust Pen.



Our very generous Sponsor, Stamping Studio,
is giving the winner one image from each artist!!
Pop over to their shop and see their stunning images.


Well it's now up to you to get making!!

I am looking forward to visiting your blogs,
to see your gorgeous entries.
Please remember
CHRISTMAS CARDS ONLY 
will be entered into the challenge.

Thank you for stopping by and as you know,
I love reading your lovely messages.

Big hugs,
Carol
xxxx


10 comments:

Stamping Bubbles said...

Great Christmas card, I love the simplicity of it. The white background really makes the image pop. You sound very organised with your festive makes, my box is looking a little empty. I promise myself every year that I will make one festive card a week but it never seems to happen.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Lynne said...

Beautiful Carol. A lovely embossing folder and your colouring has really made the image stand out , especially the reds x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Thisnis lovely, great embossing and pretty traditional image. I seem yo have made lots of Christmas cards but need loads more yet.

Sarah said...

What a lovely traditional card Carol the embossed corners are the perfect touch xx

Carole said...

What fabulous shading with those reds! Lovely card Carol...but oh you made me shudder..18 weeks...get away...it's 4 months...it sounds longer...lol!!xx

Carole Pollard said...

I made it. Sorry I've not been around much lately life just got in the way. Your card is fabulous such a brilliant classic design I love Christmas love and hugs Carole x

Doris knippenenplakken said...

Beautiful card Carol !
A lovely embossing folder beautiful colors .
Hugs Doris

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Carol..love the pretty detail corners and I think this is a wonderful image for Christmas and coloured beautifully..
You do not look 70 and besides it is only a number..today I became 92!!..well, my body feels like it..lol.

Luv CHRISSYxx

MiamiKel said...

Oh Carol! This is absolutely stunning !!
What a wonderful way to start the holiday cards - it's gorgeous!! Oh and I sent you an email LOL :) We back from holiday!! back from holiday hugs!!

Anne said...

This is beautiful Carol, I love how you've used the embossing folder. I say every year that I'll start early with my Christmas cards and never do so I'm pretending I didn't read the first line of your post!

Anne x